inconsistent appearance of author's first name (author-date, OOo)

Hi
This may be something really silly, but I can't put my finger on it.
Using the OOo plugin on an odt file with reference marks and Chicago Manual of Style (Author-Date), the author's first name (or initial if only that is available) is displayed only for some citations. This happens even with references imported from the same source (Pubmed). Similar issue with other author-date styles .

Zotero 1.0.2, OOo plugin 1.0b2
(I already attempted Updating translators in the general preferences tab)

Cheers
Hugo
(btw, what I really want to use is a style without first name or initials... is non available?)
  • It's probably this:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/2040/citationstyles-without-firstnames-or-initials/#Item_4

Regards, Jon.
  • I'd like to have that too, a style completely without initials or first names ...
  • Jon: That post should have been easy for me to find, sorry, and thanks!!
    Indeed, that's my problem: same author with both full first name or initial(s) in different references.

Is there any easy way to standardize author names? (i.e., some sort of author database?) Or do I need to check and edit one by one? That would also be also useful for names with non-english characters, which for correctness' sake I need to edit after import.

Thanks!

Hugo
  • Is there any easy way to standardize author names? (i.e., some sort of author database?) Or do I need to check and edit one by one? That would also be also useful for names with non-english characters, which for correctness' sake I need to edit after import.
    Not at the moment, but an author-based view and batch editing are both planned.