translator field missing in MLA bibliography output

Hi. I cannot get Zotero to output the translator field (modified author field) in MLA bibliography format. I tried putting the translator before the author, and this did not work either. Any suggestions?
  • I have this problem as well.

I previewed the citation in the Zotero Preview Pane (chrome://zotero/content/tools/cslpreview.xul), and it looks like the translator's name appears fine in some of the Chicago styles, but not in MLA or in Chicago (Author-Date) or Chicago (Note without Bibliography).
    Can someone fix this, please? It's pretty important to credit the translator. Thanks.
  • edited January 26, 2008
    Chicago (Note without Bibliography) and MLA display translators for me. Are you trying to display translator as author, or translator in addition to author?
  • Sorry, should have mentioned that I can't get the Translator to appear for a Journal Article item type. The Translator field comes up fine in the Book item type.

An example -- I get this:
    Derrida, Jacques. “Telepathy.” _Oxford Literary Review_ 10 (1988): 3-41.

...instead of this (which is what I want):
    Derrida, Jacques. “Telepathy.” Trans. Nicholas Royle. _Oxford Literary Review_ 10 (1988): 3-41.
  • Thanks--this is now fixed in MLA--install from the Dev Styles section at http://www.zotero.org/styles/
  • Thanks for the fix. There's one more tweak needed with the translation field in MLA -- the Translator credit appears in the wrong place for a Book Section item.

What I want is this:
    Lyotard, Jean-Francois. “Acinema.” Trans. Paisley Livingston. _Narrative, Apparatus, Ideology_. Ed. Philip Rosen. New York: Columbia University Press, 1986.

What I get is this:
    Lyotard, Jean-Francois. “Acinema.” _Narrative, Apparatus, Ideology_. Ed. Philip Rosen. Trans. Paisley Livingston. New York: Columbia University Press, 1986. [translator appears following the book title, rather than following the section title]

Seems minor, I know, but this error makes it seem like the whole book is translated by Paisley Livingston, whereas it is only the section/chapter that is a translation.
  • Unfortunately, there is no way to distinguish between translators for book and book section at the moment--this will be possible in the future hierarchical types structure.