Chicago author-date output incorrect?

Hello all. I searched for this in the forums, and to my knowledge it hasn't been addressed.

The Chicago manual of style (http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/16/ch15/ch15_sec009.html) says that journal articles cited in the author-date style should look like this:

Blair, Walter. 1977. “Americanized Comic Braggarts.” Critical Inquiry 4 (2): 331–49.

However, when I select Chicago author-date as my output style, the same item looks like this in my bibliography:

Blair, Walter. 1977. Americanized Comic Braggarts. Critical Inquiry 4, no. 2 (December 1): 331-349.

I realize that I could modify the style myself locally, but is this an error that should be corrected to make the output style match the current Chicago style manual?

As always, thanks for your help and patience.
  • oh thanks - I didn't use to have access - just found out that I do now. And the OWL guides at Purdue don't cover the author date style. I've just confirmed this error.
    I'm swamped, so if you're able to fix this locally and then upload the corrected style I'd certainly be thankful (and upload it to the repository for you).
  • Hmm, actually I'm sorry to say that it's beyond my meager skills. Does anyone else know how to do this?
  • I'll do it then, given that it's Chicago style I'll try to be as quick as possible.
  • ok done - should show up in the dev section of the repository soon. Let me know if you find any other problems.
  • Adam,
    Sorry for the delay. Thanks very much for your hard work, it's very much appreciated.