Cant' start Zotero in FF2

Hi: running PCLinuxOS. Installed Zotero 1.0.2 and the OO plugin. OO plugin is enabled but I get "There was an error starting Zotero" when I try to open Zotero from within Firefox (2.0.0.11). There is a yellow triangle across the Zotero button. Tried uninstalling and re-installing but no help. Zotero just won't open. Not sure what I do at this point. Thanks for any help. John
  • Maybe there's a conflict between Zotero and another extension or maybe something in your Firefox profile is corrupted. In order to test this, you could try making a new Firefox profile and then installing Zotero and no other extensions or other tweaks to that profile to see if it works.

Instructions for installing a new user profile can be found here:
    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
  • edited January 24, 2008
    You can also just disable all other extensions in your current profile and see if that fixes the problem.

If that doesn't work, follow the steps in the Advanced Instructions of the Reporting Bugs page and let us know what errors show up in the console.
  • [Solved] I had "Storage Location" set to Custom but had not set up a Custom folder. My apologies for the false alarm and thanks for a very useful and intriguing program. I discovered this by going to the extensions window under Tools in FF and was able to get into Zotero Preferences that way. So I was able to review my various settings and noticed the empty seting under Custom Folders. However that was the only way I could get into Zotero Preferences. Thanks. John