New item from PDF

2»
  • Thanks for the answers. I'm doing research in a remote area, far from a computer and am unfortunately unable to follow the various threads or contribute much. The discussions on this thread seem clear enough.

We need to have a right menu option "Create New Item (Book, Document, ...)" . With this, I could drag and drop all my PDFs that lack metadata (most of my entire collection has no metadata) into Zotero.

From there, I could click on each of the PDFs, select "Create New Item (Book, Document, ...)", then go to Google Scholar, type in the name of my book/article and download the metadata for the book and it would be automatically attached to the PDF.

As it stands now, we can still do this, but its just more awkward as it requires a) going to Google Scholar, typing in the name of the book/article and download the citation into Zotero; b) manually matching my PDFs with the newly created citation and dragging and dropping my PDFs into the citations.

Can Mendely do this automatically? Or are all the reference managers facing the same problem. I worked with Mendely 2 years ago, but now want to stick with Zotero.