Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: 6ad63ebdc8)

Report ID 1939225519

I'm getting this error after upgrading to 2.1b7 running on Firefox 4 Beta12. Hoping that pointing this out will help you guys anticipate the upcoming Firefox 4 release. Here are the details:
[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: 6ad63ebdc8)' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: 6ad63ebdc8)" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 870}]

[JavaScript Error: "Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: 6ad63ebdc8)" {file: "chrome://zotero/content/xpcom/sync.js" line: 870}]

Please let me know if this can be resolved. And keep up the excellent work on a great product, I LOVE it!

Nate
  • To help us fix this, can you upload your database to the DB Repair Tool and e-mail the Upload ID to support@zot....org with a link to this thread? You can ignore the download link that the tool provides. Don't post the Upload ID publicly.

After doing that, to fix this right away yourself, search for the item added at 2010-12-15 20:50:05 (UTC time) and recreate it, and then delete the old one.
  • Sent you an email with the upload ID and link. It does seem to be working now, I didn't change anything on my end.

Thanks so much, keep up the great work!
  • Uploaded data not well-formed (Report ID: bc583cee40)

I am running Zotero 2.1 on FF 4 on a Windows XP Machine. I regularly sync with an Ubuntu Netbook. I get this error every time I try to sync. The syncs seem to get complete however they take a long time and then I get this message and the status icon tells me the sync is not complete.

I reported this via FF automated system as Report ID 245768584

Cheers
  • gunikus: If you restart your computer, edit an item in Zotero, and sync again, do you still get the error?

(In the future, please start a new thread for a new sync issue.)