Zotero icon doesn't appear in Firefox 4, but keyboard shortcut works

I'm having a problem to access my database after upgrading to Firefox 4.
My MS integration is working and I can access my data from there, and I can still use Zotero on other databases sites. I just can access it on my browser.

Can someone help me?

Thanks,
Naor
  • be more specific? Do you have a Zotero icon? Can you click it? Do you get an error message?
  • I don't have a Zotero ico, thus can't click it. No error messages.
    I can cite and write, though, using my MS word. Very odd.
  • There is a shortcut for Zotero - ctrl+alt+z on Windows and Linux and cmd+alt+z (or so) on Mac - does that work?
  • Hi, the shortcut (ctrl+alt+Z) works. That's great. Thanks

But how can I get it to appear on my browser pane (as it used to on the old versions)?
  • I don't use FF 4 so someone else needs to provide the details, but I think FF4 has an app tab or so that needs to be visible and will have Zotero on it (because they got rid of the status bar... a little shaky here, but that's about right).
  • Thanks a lot. I look into it.
    As long as I can access my database, I'm safe.
    Cheers.
  • It looks like you can get the Zotero icon that used to be in the lower right corner by clicking on View -> Toolbars and checking "Add-on bar" (or ctrl+/). There's also a Zotero button available to "customize" the toolbar from that same menu. I'm using FF4 with XP, in case that makes a difference.
  • Tried that, but nothing seems to work. How odd.
    The only thing working is using short-cut.

Can I downgrade back to FF 3.6?
  • Zotero-wise that downgrading to FF3.6 shouldn't be a problem
  • Downgraded. Makes things much more easier. I prefer my solid Zotero over the flashy FF version. :-)

Thanks for all the help and support.
    N.