OO Plugin Installation Fails with OO 3.3.0, Firefox 4.0

Report ID: 1017597806
After updating OpenOffice to 3.3.0 (Build:9567) and
Firefox to 4.0
The OpenOffice plugin would not install.
Windows Vista Business 32-bit with all updates current.
PATH including C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_22\bin

The Word plugin works ok.
  • Try going to Tools->Add-ons->Extensions->Zotero OpenOffice Integration->Preferences, clicking the "Install Extension" button, and, when the option is available, clicking "Manual Installation". This should show you the folder containing the extension to be installed within OpenOffice.org. Double-click the extension to install it. If you get an error, post it here.
  • Report id: 854909864

Similar problem here, just updated to Firefox 4 and plugin to LibreOffice 3.3.2.2 fails the automatic upgrade. I'll go and try manual...
  • Even when I try to enable it from inside LibreOffice I get the message "Could not create Java implementation loader"

When trying to install the Open/Neo/Libre -office plugin from Firefox I get the message "Installation could not be completed because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice.org is closed, and then restart Firefox" (LibreOffice is of course closed when I try this, and I have restarted Firefox many times.)

I have to find a fix for this some time this week or go back to earlier versions of LibreOffice and FF. So ideas for testing are welcome _if_ you think they might actually help.
  • I am having the same problem.
    Windows 7, OOo 3.3, FF 4.0, OOo Zotero ext. 3.5a1

Appears to work fine in MS word. I've tried all the common solutions of enabling/disabling Java and manually installing the extension.
  • See this thread for the Java implementation loader issue. There is also a page on the OpenOffice.org wiki, although it may be outdated.
  • Installing by hand yields a popup titled "Extension Manager" with the message "Could not create Java implementation loader".
  • edited March 23, 2011
    For now, you can install the old OpenOffice.org plug-in (3.1b1) which still works with Firefox 4 and Zotero 2.1.1. We are trying to figure out why Java doesn't appear to be working with OpenOffice.org on Windows for so many people. (It works fine on our test systems.)

I'm closing this thread. Future discussion regarding the Java implementation loader error should go in this thread. Other issues should go in their own threads.
This discussion has been closed.