Shortcut question (Notes)

Hi - I'm probably just missing it but I can't seem to figure out the keyboard shortcuts for formatting while taking notes. For instance - the one I keep reaching for (instinctively) the most is the ability to indent while making a bulleted or outlined list. Typically - I would use tab (to indent) and shift+tab (outdent). At least that's what I'm accustomed to in Word or PPT, etc. Is there a keyboard shortcut available?
  • I don't think so—TinyMCE, which Zotero uses for notes, doesn't appear to offer built-in shortcuts for that—but we can probably add them. Ticket created.

Other standard shortcuts (bold, italics, underline) should work fine.
  • One issue that bugs me about TinyMCE shortcuts is that they don't work if I'm using a non-Latin keyboard layout; in Firefox, I can do Ctrl-L (the QWERTY L key) even if I have a Cyrillic layout selected. In TinyMCE, I have to switch to a Latin layout to use the shortcuts. I don't know how programs usually deal with this, but Firefox somehow manages to know that I'm pressing Ctrl-L, even if the actual character in the keyboard layout is Д.
  • Ahh - ok. Understood. It's a triviality in light of the meaty issues you guys are tackling but I think it would be useful. I'll take a closer look at what TinyMCE has built in. As I think about it - I could probably use Word to take notes - given the file management system of Zotero and just associate that word doc with a particular reference. I'm still learning...
  • Eightman - using Word has the distinct disadvantage that you won't be able to search for note content through Zotero - (though I guess you could save the word doc as html, in which case Zotero would index it I think).
  • Ahhh - yes - excellent point. I also wouldn't be able to use tags effectively - which is part of my note organization approach for when I start actually writing. Thanks for saving me some time. :)
  • Another shortcut request - which I can't seem to find via the search function - the ability to do superscripts/subscripts with keyboard shortcuts.
  • I'd like to support the addition of tab and shfit-tab shortcut keys to the TinyMCE editor. It would make a real difference in note-taking.

I realize a ticket has been created. No reply needed.

Thanks,
    Tom