OpenOffice 3.3.0 not integrating

I've just upgrated to OO3.3.0 and FF automatically updated to 3.6.15 around the same time. After I'd installed OO the Zotero icons were there, but non-functional - presumably as the Add-on detected the wrong paths (I could not find how to remove them so just closed that toolbar).

If I select Choose from the Add-on Options pane I can browse to the new folder but it does not change in the Add-on. Manually changing to the correct folder didn't work either. I've removed and reinstalled the Zotero add-on but still to no avail. If I click on Detect Open Office paths - Zotero detects c:...OpenOffice.org203 - which does not exist (OO is now in c:...OpenOffice.org 3)!

The only message I get is: "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that OpenOffice is closed, and then restart Firefox."

This seems related to other recent posts, but I could not find any help re resolving the problem. I'm using Win XP
  • Update - Zotero is working with Word 2007 so maybe it's an OO3.3 problem.
  • Try fixing the paths manually (they're editable). If you're running Zotero 2.1, I can also give you a link to the (still not completely tested) next-generation OpenOffice.org plug-in, which might take care of this.
  • Please add me to that email. I also have problems, but with libreoffice 3.3.
  • edited March 7, 2011
    urlwolf, the XPI is available here (use the OpenOffice.org Integration Trunk XPI, and heed the warning above). While I believe this will work out of the box with LibreOffice, to get it to work with the version of OpenOffice.org that ships with Ubuntu you may need install Java support, i.e., type

sudo apt-get install openoffice.org-java-common
    in a terminal, followed by your password. Let me know how it works out. We are still tweaking the installation scheme.
  • Simon

Thanks. I tried manually editing the paths using Browse, and direct manual editing - it made no difference. In OpenOffice (Win) there are no Zotero icons - when I click Reinstall OpenOffice.org components (with the correct paths) I always get: "Zotero OpenOffice Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. ..." I've now identified what seems to be the error message (FF error console): "uncaught exception:[Exception..."Component returned failure code 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIProcess.init]" nsresult "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero-openoffice-integration/content/browser-overlay.js ::ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration_installComponents :: line 315" data:no] Hope this adds some light on the problem. thanks.
  • Either your paths are wrong or there is something missing from your OpenOffice.org installation. What are they?
  • edited March 8, 2011
    Thanks Simon.
    This doesn't work on my system, Linux 2.6.37-sabayon.

My paths:
    /usr/lib64/libreoffice/ure/share/java (does exist.)
    /usr/lib64/libreoffice/program

Clcking the install plugin button gets me an generic error, it asks that libreoffice is closed, but it is (!).

I also get:
    Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI) [nsIFileProtocolHandler.getFileFromURLSpec]" nsresult: "0x804b000a (NS_ERROR_MALFORMED_URI)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero-openoffice-integration/content/openOffice.js :: installComponents :: line 273" data: no]

I really need do get this working for a deadline, so I'm happy to help if I get it solved.
  • The paths have to be file:/// URIs. I'm redoing the way this works, but for now, adding file:// to the start of the paths you have above should be sufficient.
  • At last! After removing and reinstalling OO3 and the integration I noticed the paths were:

file:///C:/Program%20Files/OpenOffice.org%3/URE/java/ and
    file:///C:/Program%20Files/OpenOffice.org%3/program/

when they should have been ...OpenOffice.org%203/... (the '20' indicating a space was missing so this accounts for the inability to find the file - I presume)