shortcut link to chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul in winXp

I'm trying to setup a shortcut link in winXP to open firefox with chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul instead of the homepage. I've tried to write chrome:zotero/content/tab.xul after the target which works with a URL but it doesn't work.
any suggestions?

Johan
  • Try zotero://fullscreen
  • I've tried that but it opens a blank tab and zotero in a new window.
  • I am facing the same problem. I don’t want Firefox to open with Zotero in fullscreen. I want to open it as a tab. When I use "chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul" as the URL for Firefox to open, Firefox does not open at all. Firefox opens fine for any other URL.
  • You realize you can set Zotero to open in a tab in the preferences?
  • Yes I know that. I have also set the startup option in FireFox "Show me my windows and tabs from last time" which gets me to Zotero directly on opening FireFox. But the questions still remains that why "chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul" does not work as a URL given to FireFox at startup.
  • What are you trying to accomplish? I don't know off-hand why it doesn't work to pass that to Firefox, but it's not a regular web page URL, obviously—it's an internal, privileged URL, and it's not meant to be used directly. If there's a feature you want Zotero to support, just ask for it.

Also note that there's a difference in how the Zotero tab works between Firefox 3.6 and Firefox 4.0. In Firefox 4.0 the tab shows up as an ever-present app tab, which may be more what you're looking for.
  • Before upgrading to Zotero 2.1 I had a separate Windows shortcut for Firefox with zotero://fullscreen specified as the URL so Firefox used to launch with Zotero open and in full screen mode. With tab functionality in 2.1 and knowing that chrome://zotero/content/tab.xul is the URL that opens Zotero in a tab I thought this URL will work in the same manner as zotero://fullscreen worked. When it did not work I thought may be I am missing something or it is an issue because the software is in beta version. From what you are saying it seems that this is not how this URL is intended to function.

What you said about Firefox 4.0 sounds nice. I will upgrade to 4.0.