Request for translator for Linguistics databases

Hello,

I believe this is the right place to post this request; if not, I apologize.
I would like to see translators for the main Linguistics databases (I don't see icons on the web address bar, and they are not listed at http://www.zotero.org/translators):
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts
- Linguistics Abstracts
I am surprised these are not supported. These are the main tools for linguists to search.
Kudos to developers for a great tool and thanks!
Bruno
  • Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts, and all databases of Cambridge Science Abstracts, are currently supported. Please see http://www.zotero.org/support/troubleshooting_translator_issues and post here.

I don't have access to Linguistics Abstracts, so I can't test the database or write a translator for it.
  • Thank you ajlyon. I tried to troubleshoot using the info on the page you cite but to no avail.
    I am trying to access the database through the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Libraries site. My wife tried through the Duke University Libraries site. Neither works. I confess I don't understand issues with proxies and access routes and all that, but the only way I can access those databases is via my institutional login. Am I missing something?
    Thanks
    Bruno
  • Ajlyon, LLBA is one of the CSA databases that has moved over to the new ProQuest interface, and for UNC at least, they have switched over their access to the new platform. I suspect that Duke has as well
  • proquest is currently broken, so that makes sense.
  • Well, LLBA through CSA Illumina works for me. We'll try to get the Proquest translators working again, and LLBA with it.
  • Thanks Ajlyon!

Not every institution has made the switch yet, and there are still some ProQuest/CSA/CH databases that haven't been made available on the new platform yet. Once a db is ready it will be up to the institutions as to when they move to the new version. The search.proquest.com URL is a quick way to see if your library is linking to the new platform.
  • Thanks everybody! Of course I had seen the Proquest logo but failed to appreciate its implications. Sorry, but I am quite ignorant of these issues.
    Good work! Will something be posted on this thread when Proquest translators work?
    Bruno
  • In the meantime, you can visit sunny Los Angeles and use Zotero from the libraries of UCLA.

[Or, in my case, visit via VPN from the western periphery of the frozen, sunless Russian steppe.]

I can't promise that there will be a post on this thread when Proquest is fixed, but it will start working for you automatically when a fix is ready. Translators update every 24 hours.
  • Hahaha, UCLA is closer but the frozen, sunless Russian steppe... ah, how tempting!