quicly insert previous citation in Word

Hi
When I cite the same publication in Word, I need to go through the 'Add citation' dialog box every time. Perhaps it would be possible to have a one-click/one-button shortcut for 'insert previous citation'?
It would be even greater if then I could edit the citation directly in Word rather than in 'Add/edit citation' box.
All this would save me a lot of time
Thanks for your attention
  • This gets my vote too. I often find that I need to insert the same citation several times - although often I need to cite a different page number.

Perhaps there could be a checkbox on the "Insert citation" dialog that causes it to remember the previously-entered citation:
    Entering a duplicate would then simply require a click of "Insert citation", then OK
    Entering a reference to the same source, but different page, would be easy
    The checkbox means that users can choose whether or not they want it to behave that way
    This approach doesn't require another button on the toolbar

I think that this would really save time. That said, I think that Zotero is fantastic and saves me loads of time anyway! :-)
  • Just copy the field in Word and edit it to change the page number. Quicker than anything.
  • Ah! Now there's an obvious trick - I should have thought of that earlier. Thanks.
  • @mark: In Open/Libre Office at least this only copies text, not the formula fields.

It would be nice if the add citation dialog would remember its last state and have a additional "reset to standard" button or the other way around: have a special reset to last reference button.

ATM I cite the same document over an do ver again and have to:
    - select the document
    - klick supress auther
    - chose "number" instead of "page"
    - enter number
    - enter prefix
    - klick ok

would be nice to only chgange the number...
  • On another thread, I suggested a kind of popup clipboard mechanism that went over like a lead balloon:

http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/3262/single-to-multiple-citations-in-word-plugin/#Item_49

Such a thing might be useful for this case as well.
  • Random, but possibly dumb, thought: what about a kind of auto-complete inline citation feature that built on the pandoc markdown extensions for citations? E.g. you type ...

[@smith
    ... and you'd get help to pick the right reference without having to open a new dialog box, and you could add modifiers (pages and such) inline.
  • While these feature would still be nice, I thought for the benefit of others I should say there is a workaround if you are doing quite a few notes from the one source. Simply save a search for the item you're working on (right-click if it's in a group library) then navigate to that saved search. If, like me, you have a Word keyboard shortcut for insert citation, then you just use the citation, it's the only item in the list (although you still have to click it). It at least saves you from having to search each time. Personally, I find this easier than having to copy my footnotes and paste each time, which I then have to update.