zotero open office integration could not complete the installation

Hi all,

I tried to install Open Office Integration today running zotero 2.0.9 on Windows XP and Firefox 3.6.13 and trying to integrate it with Open Office 3.2.0. via plug-in, but I get this message, even though Open Office is not running:

'Zotero Open Office Integration could not complete installation because an error occurred. Please ensure that Open Office is closed, and then restart Firefox.'

Checked the troubleshooting page but didn't find suggestions for this problem.
I did this: I installed zotero, then the Ooo plug-in via the link on the zotero homepage. I had Ooo running at the time, then got the error code. Deinstalled the integration plug-in and closed Ooo, then reinstalled plug-in but still got the same error code. Restarting the computer didn't help.
This is the error code:
[JavaScript Error: "uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND) [nsIProcess.init]" nsresult: "0x80520012 (NS_ERROR_FILE_NOT_FOUND)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://zotero-openoffice-integration/content/browser-overlay.js :: ZoteroOpenOfficeIntegration_installComponents :: line 315" data: no]"]
I have NoScript running on Firefox, but checked zotero as allowed.

Any ideas? Would love to use zotero, seems like a great tool.

Thanks
S
  • I had the same problem but with firefox 3.6.13 and open office 3.3 on ubuntu and fixed it. What I noticed is that when I went to tool-->add-ons--->open office integration-->preferences, my pathnames were incorrect for java UNO and soffice. By simply clicking the "detect path" button (which changed the paths) and restarting firefox, the problem was solved. Hope this helps.
  • I have just started another attempt at installation, this time with the new plugin 3.5a1. The firefox installation wizard did not detect open office on my computer, so I installed the plugin manually through open office (tools->extension manager). It seems to work fine, now!