Trouble to validate a new french style for archeology

I've created a style for a French revue of archeology but i find it difficult to validate it. I've tried to use "Validator" and Oxygen XML editor as advised on Zotero documentation but in vain. I was my first try creating a style so I guess I've comitted mistakes :(
Bibliographicaly speaking the style is valid, it would be a shame not to share it, I just need a bit of help from someone who knows better.
Should I had my style to the French citation style ticket (#1216) ? I do not know how I'm supposed to do ?
Thanks for you help
  • post it to gist.github.com as a public gist (just paste into the window and click on public gist at the bottom) and post the address here.
    I can have a look, it's probably something minor.
    Also, how did validation fail? What type of error did you get?
  • I think I managed to correct one or two errors but I'm stuck with this one.

1. Fatal Error: The encoding name must start with an ASCII letter.
    At line 1, column 37

Here's the BSPF style:
    https://gist.github.com/807457
    Thanks a lot.
  • You have a stray space before UTF-8 in the XML declaration in line one.
  • I know, that's because the previous fatal error was :

Fatal Error: need whitespace between attributes

At line 1, column 34

encoding="UTF-8"?>↩<s
    so i 've added a space and then I got the message above. I'm trying to read the documentation on citationstyles.org, but I'm new to all this.
  • 1. Don't read citationstyles.org - this is a csl 0.81 style, not a csl 1.0 style
    2. The first line is not the problem - get rid of the space and you should be fine
    3. There were a whole bunch of other problems in the style:
    I don't understand how/when you use <label variable
    e.g. when you write
    <label variable="number-of-pages" form="short"/>
    what do you want Zotero to do? There is no such label, but it also doesn't look like you need it.

There are a number of other glitches -
    I've put a version of the style that validates here:
    https://gist.github.com/807735
    maybe you can check if that still does what you want & also see what I changed. The only non-essential changes I made were to the link and id field, everything else was strictly necessary for the style to validate.
  • About comment 3 : I've pasted it from another style without quite knowing...it was my first attempt last summer, so if you say it's useless, I believe you.
    I've checked the style, it's working well except 2 things I do not manage to correct.
    For books : there is a "stray space" (i've learn that word today) after the year. It doesn't appear in Zotero test pane but it does in word.

MILLOTTE J.P. (1963) ‒Le Jura et les plaines de Saône aux âges des métaux, Les belles lettres, Paris, (Annales littéraires de l'université de Besançon, 59), 1963, 452 p.

and for chapters and articles, there is a "p." for page too much.
    DURAND A. (2010) ‒ L'émergence d'outils empruntés aux sciences biologiques végétales en archéologie médiévale en France., in J. Chapelot dir., Trente ans d'archéologie médiévale en France : un bilan pour un avenir. Actes du 9e congrès international de la société d'Archéologie médiévale, Vincennes, Ed. CRAHM, p. p.25-38.
    SIDÉRA I. (2004) ‒ De l'archéologie funéraire... avec des poinçons en os !, in C. Jeunesse dir., Vendenheim « le Haut du Coteau » (Bas-Rhin), une nécropole du Néolithique ancien, Mulhouse, éd. de l'Association pour la promotion de la recherche archéologique en Alsace, p. p.10.
    Is-it because there is <group> and <text macro pages> in the description ?
    I feel bad about making you do my job instead of me. Thanks a lot
  • I finally managed to correct the space problem and the number of pages problem. Now I would like to submit it to the Zotero Style Repository, I've created a SVN Trac account but I did't receive any answer back.
    Here is the style corrected :https://gist.github.com/811287
    What should I do ?
  • I don't know why you didn't hear back - one of the devs would have to help there - but I just uploaded the style - thanks for contributing - it will show up on the repository soon.

P.S. ("archaeology" isn't a valid category in current csl. I changed that to anthropology, which in the US system includes archaeology)