Initial sync failing

I am a new Zotero user here, but have at least tried to follow the various instructions. The upshot is that syncing is failing, even on very clean installations.

- OS X 10.6
- FireFox 3.5.6
- Zotero 2.0b7.6

I first added a reference - only one to "My Library". I've enabled sync'ing in the Preferences as instructed with my username and password. I press the Sync button to get things going here and it goes... forever.

Looking at "My Library" on the zotero website says "There are no items in the library".

That was the cleanest version of this. On another machine I'd begun by importing a library (which worked well) and dragged these into a group I'd created. On that machine, I setup for debug logging to the console and one thing that keeps coming up is a repeat of the mantra:

zotero(3): HTTP POST version=6&sessionid=********&lastsync=1&upload=1 to https://sync.zotero.org/updated

zotero(3): <?xml version="1.0"?>
<response timestamp="1262823435.996" version="6"><locked wait="60000"/></response>

zotero(3): Associated libraries are locked — waiting 60000ms before next check

It starts out with 2s, then 5s, then ... In any case, it's saying the libraries are locked and that, my guess, is why we're not getting anywhere in the sync. Others here have "reset the server lock" but I see no such entry in my "Gears" pull-down.

Needless to say -- I'm a bit stumped here. Any help?

Craig
  • OK, all of a sudden now, all is well. Honestly -- I worked on this for 4 hours before posting and nothing was going. Now, all is going smoothly... My initial sync of 976 items that I'd tried 4 hours ago just showed up and now I can do things in real time.

Craig
  • I'm having the same issue here. Sync seemed to have worked until this morning, and now it hangs with the "Associated libraries are locked" debug output. I'm using Windows Vista 32bit, Firefox 3.5.7, Zotero 2.0b7.6.
  • I too have the same problem - ID 1620947929.
  • I have been having a similar issue trying to start a new sync of Zotero (2beta5) on firefox 4b10 on windows. Left the sync run over night (10+ hours) and sqlite files are the same size as when I left. Other computers sync without problem. ID 180048091