Changing locale without restart

I routinely write documents in different languages, and in two different flavors of English at that, and the current 'advanced' method of locale switching in the Firefox config strings and restarting is really troublesome. I would like to see:

1. A settings interface for choosing which locales one wants to be able to choose between. For some reason Firefox -- or is it my system, or Zotero itself? -- has a zillion locales installed.
2. A menu item to change the currently used export locale *without restarting*
3. Similar menus in the export/RTF-scan dialogs.
4. The possibility to specify the desired locale for an RTF-scan generated locale in the in-document {Bibliography} tag, i.e. {Bibliography, sv_SE} or even better human language: {Bibliography: Swedish, Sweden}. This should of course override any config setting.
5. The possibility to set one's preferred date format for a locale, overriding the default. I just can't stand the various digits-only formats. It's unnerving to always stop and consider if the order is month-day or day-month; writing out full month names in the locale language is the only unambiguous alternative.

/BP
  • please support my feature request to add a per-document setting for the citation language
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/16112/perdocument-locale-setting-choosing-language/