Sync Error - Help please!

Using Mozilla 3.6.13 on Mac with SnowLeopard, I receive the following error as referenced by error report 1365057243:

Invalid sync state '3' in Zotero.Item.attachmentSyncState setter

NSGetModule

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Conflicts have suspended automatic syncing.

Click the sync icon to resolve them.' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001c (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_JS_OBJECT)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

[JavaScript Error: "[Exception... "'Invalid sync state '3' in Zotero.Item.attachmentSyncState setter' when calling method: [nsIDOMEventListener::handleEvent]" nsresult: "0x8057001e (NS_ERROR_XPC_JS_THREW_STRING)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]"]

Thus, I cannot sync or receive document updates performed on a different computer.
Any help would be much appreciated.
  • We've never seen that error before. But just to be sure, have you performed a manual sync by clicking the sync icon?
  • I have performed the manual sync. Thanks for such a timely response!
  • Any ideas on how to remedy this error? I still am unable to sync my laptop, while the desktop works fine.
  • edited January 21, 2011
    Oh, I thought you were implying that the problem was fixed. Do you get the "Invalid sync state '3' in Zotero.Item.attachmentSyncState setter" error when you perform a manual sync?

If so, provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that produces the error.
  • Yes the error is still there when performing a manual sync.
  • Apologies. I had to get back to my laptop to get the Debug ID. After following the directions, I was provided the following:

Debug ID: D1582971481

Please let me know if there is anything else I should provide.

Thanks again.
  • Still having trouble. Is there a time-line for a solution to the error I receive in trying to sync my laptop?
  • Try again after the current server upgrade-- it will be easier to diagnose when the sync times drop to the several seconds -- several minutes range.
  • We've completed this weekend's major upgrade, but sync times may not begin to improve dramatically for several more days while the new architecture comes online.
  • I am still experiencing the same error listed above. Any suggestions?
  • I tried to sync again as suggested and am still receiving the same error listed at the beginning of this discussion. How should I proceed to resolve this issue?
  • Try Reset File Sync History in the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero preferences.