Editing style sheets directly

Hi there,

I'm not a programmer, but after some trial and error, I used the web-form to make a new reference style for Clinical Infectious Diseases. However, I can't get the names right. They need to be of the format Smith AB, Jones CD... etc, i.e. Last name, first and middle initial with no punctuation, each person separated by a comma.

I don't see how to do that with the web form. Can someone tell me how to directly modify the style sheet to get the format right?

Thanks.
  • edited September 6, 2008
    Hey - search for the definition of the "author" macro in your style and substitute the following (taken from the AMA style.) I think that should work. (make sure that the part you substitute starts with <macro name="author"> and ends with </macro>

<macro name="author">
    <group suffix=".">
    <names variable="author">
    <name name-as-sort-order="all" sort-separator=" " initialize-with=""
    delimiter=", " delimiter-precedes-last="always"/>
    <label form="short" prefix=" " suffix="" text-case="lowercase"/>
    <substitute>
    <names variable="editor"/>
    <text macro="anon"/>
    </substitute>
    </names>
    </group>
    </macro>
  • Thanks very much - it worked like a charm after I made one additional slight change. the <text macro... > needed to be changed to match the name of the macro.

Next question: is there a way to remove the periods in the abbreviated journal title, e.g. Clin.Infect.Dis becomes Clin Infect Dis?

Thanks again - this is a GREAT resource.
  • Im also looking for Clinical infectious disease Style. Since this post two years ago, this style has not come into zotero style list. Would you please turn it available in a link or by email? Pretty please?

If it is not possible, please at least point out which style is the closest to CID for me to try out editing?

Thank you in advance