Editing citations

My cite ends with a period, but I want a comma, so that I may continue. Is there a way to do this, as I do not want a new sentence?

Also, I am confused about whether an edit should just be made in MS Word, or if I use the citation editor, whether that will only be for that specific cite or all similar cites on refreshing. Can a unique citation be made that does not affect all others from the same source?
  • My cite ends with a period, but I want a comma, so that I may continue. Is there a way to do this, as I do not want a new sentence?
    no. But look into using the suffix field in the plugin for the rest of your sentence.
    Also, I am confused about whether an edit should just be made in MS Word,
    no, never. That will be overwritten on refresh.
    r if I use the citation editor
    potentially, though as per the displayed warning, your ciation will not refresh/update in the future.
    whether that will only be for that specific cite or all similar cites on refreshing.
    just that specific one.
    Can a unique citation be made that does not affect all others from the same source?
    not sure what you mean here - example?
  • i'm not sure i know either at this point. i'll chew on what you said and play with the suffix feature.

i also wondered if there is any way to customize which fields appear with particular types of sources. thanks
  • which fields appear in Zotero to input data? no.
    Which fields are included in a citation depends on the citation style.