copy and paste text including citations

Hello

I am using Word 2003 and Zotero 2.0.9.

When I copy a text passage including inserted citations from one document to the other, right now only plain text is pasted to the new document, no citation information is copied.

Of course I would also like to keep the citation information to be able to add new citations and to create a new bibliography.
I tried inserting a citation into the new document before pasting and thereby "pre-formatting" the document, also without success.

I am not sure, whether this is a) not possible, b) not working due to a technical reason or c) not working due to a user problem (me)?

Anyone out there with helpful suggestions?

Thanks!
  • copying to a different document should and does work in general. (Copying and pasting to the same document doesn't for technical reason). I guess that means b) but I don't know what the reason is.

Out of curiosity, could you try _cut_ and paste?
  • cut and paste didn´t work either, BUT the weirdest thing happened, it works today...

I don´t know, what happened over the weekend, same document, same pc, nothing changed as far as I know...

weird...

but still thanks a lot for the quick answer, otherwise I wouldn´t have tried it again, I guess...
  • edited November 10, 2010
    I have the same problem. I can't even cut-paste text with citation within the same document. The pasted citation is there as a text, but it is not recognised as a zotero citation. This means that I cannot update it etc... I use Zotero 2.0.9. and Openoffice on Ubuntu 10.04.
  • "cut and paste didn´t work either, BUT the weirdest thing happened, it works today..."!!!