Attachments appear as items also

It seems that many attachments --- links to web pages and screen shots most often --- appear both as attachments to that item and as independent items. In some cases, I can remove the item level attachment but in others that removes the related attachment as well. I have gone through and deleted these duplicate attachments and re-linked, but they re-appear in another session. It happens with journal articles and newspaper articles as well. Small issue in an otherwise great tool!
  • Does this happen in the Library or within a saved search? If the former, that would be a bug. If the latter, that's actually the correct behavior, though it may or may not be ideal—see my post at http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/55/add-a-way-to-go-to-referring-article-when-searching-notes/#Item_2 for some of the issues.
  • I see this also; it happens in a collection. When I delete the "extra" independent item I've never seen it delete the attachment. Often after I attach a file to a saved reference I don't see the "extra" independent file immediately, but only after I close and re-open Zotero.

I'm on a MacBook Intel Core Duo.
  • I created a ticket for this, but I haven't been able to reproduce it myself. Any steps to consistently reproduce this would be appreciated.