Viewing Notes without Sources

2»
  • Being able to sort notes without parents would be very helpful for me too -- I'm in the social sciences. I'm finding wading through my notes has become more and more difficult as increase my usage of Zotero. Zotero is great because it integrates bibliographic features with information management and efficient access to notes is key.
  • I've been following the various threads on this issue for a couple of years now. I came to Zotero believing it was a new and improved version of the already fabulous, much-needed and absolutely unique Scribe. Zotero has been very useful. It's great to have free (actually I'm using the paid version now) efficient bibliography software, but the very thing that made Scribe UNIQUE and that so many people have asked for in Zotero--its STRAIGHTFORWARD CONTENT management capabilities--is sorely lacking. Sure, everybody needs to be able to track their references, but organizing content (notes) is the key to research. I'd just like to add that, after a quick glance at your figures, it appears that the special interest group (humanities, social sciences, natural sciences) to which Mr. Smith refers as requiring this functionality constitutes roughly 85% of Zotero's user base... Can we, therefore, once again ask whether this is moving up on the agenda? Thanks
  • As a work around, would it be easier to make a default choice with the ability to duplicate all notes created and put it in another folder as a stand alone notes? That way all notes can be sorted anyone sees fit? I can, of course, do it manually when I put a new note for this purpose.
  • Single most important feature request for me. Has this been resolved in any way? Thanks!
  • No, and nothing I know of in the near future, either. I know that a number of people working with complex note/document organizing systems combine Zotero with DevonThink - there's a script out there for that purpose, too (easy to google that if you're interested).