Syncing problem; "Associated libraries are locked"

A week or so ago suddenly syncing from server to my computer at work stopped functioning. After trying various things [repairing database / reset, restore from server / starting new, clean FF profile], all to no avail, I decided to make a debug output log and have a look at it.
Repeatedly I read the text "Associated libraries are locked".
Does this explain anything? Or should I submit a log to Zotero?
thnx in advance,
jclpaul
  • You have a large queued download (probably your entire library) from about an hour ago. Be patient.

And resetting almost certainly made it worse. Those options are not meant for general troubleshooting.
  • edited October 20, 2010
    Edit: all of a sudden my local database was updated. Funny thing was I had to decide on 6 conflicting items; while the local database was empty, only items from the server were downloaded!

Dan Stillman
    You have a large queued download (probably your entire library) from about an hour ago. Be patient.
    And resetting almost certainly made it worse. Those options are not meant for general troubleshooting.

I have been waiting for hours without anything happening so far. Yes, I wait for a complete download, after reinstalling Zotero.

About resetting making things worse; didn't know that. B.t.w. I used the Restore From Server setting to erase local data. This I did, after making a back-up, in the hope to get rid of endless and ever more serious problems with syncing due to conflicts with syncing.
  • same issue here - synching already for hours without any light at the end of the tunnel in sight - how long should I wait?
  • edited October 22, 2010
    Leopold: You have a queued download from 4 minutes ago. If you restart Firefox you go to the back of the queue.

Out of curiosity, though, are you syncing a new library or an existing library?
  • Its an existing library to which I added two new groups. From your email I understand that every time I exit Firefox it starts the sync from new - thus I should keep it open now for a few hours? (Its now about 40 min running.)
    thanks very much for the fast answer which I did not expect ...
    Leopold
  • Yes, you should keep it open until it completes.

The sync server is very busy with increased traffic this week. We're in the process over the next week of switching to a new sync architecture that should speed up syncing dramatically.
  • Ok - perfect - will thus just wait a bit longer ...
  • well, still not resolved since now it stopped syncing with the exclamation mark and the info: "Conflicts have suspended automatic syncing" - just restarted sync but not sure about what is going on
  • now everything synced fine - I had to resolve 7 issues which were easy to deal with and have now the new groups and everything synced! not sure what you did but: thanks!