Ubuntu 10.10, OO-integration

Hello,

Zotero don't work anymore after upgrade.

Symptoms: Plugin is visible in OpenOffice extensions, but no toolbar (not visible in the view toolbardialogue either). I get no error dialogue on installation from Firefox.

I'm done with the usual suspects:

Removed Icetea, and chose libnpjp2.so (like this):
sudo update-alternatives --config mozilla-javaplugin.soThere are 2 choices for the alternative mozilla-javaplugin.so (providing /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libjavaplugin.so).

Selection Path Prioritet Status
------------------------------------------------------------
0 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 63 auto mode
1 /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 63 manual mode
* 2 /usr/lib64/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/amd64/libnpjp2.so 50 manual mode

AND disabled apparmor for firefox-profile.
AND sudo ln -s /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/lib/i386/libnpjp2.so /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/

But no gratification.
  • edited October 15, 2010
    I forced the tool bar to show itself by openening:

/home/$$$USERNAME$$$/.openoffice.org/3/user/registry/data/org/openoffice/
    Office/UI/WriterWindowState.xcu

In <node oor:name="private:resource/toolbar/addon_Zotero.OfficeToolBar"> I changed the property Visible to true.

This made the tool bar visible, but not working. Now I got the old "Firefox could not load the component required to communicate with your word processor. Please ensure that the appropriate Firefox extension is installed, then try again."-message.
  • edited October 15, 2010
    This seemed to be a false lead. Now OO-integration 3 won't install anything, and nothing shows in OOs extensions either.

1 out of 3 times the FF Zotero OpenOffice integration-tool says "Zotero OpenOffice Integration was successfully installed." But nothing happens.
  • deleted /home/$$$USERNAME$$$/.openoffice.org/
    restarted computer
    re-installed from OO integration tool - and it's working.

But all this shouldn't be necessary pr. system upgrade.