Adding Organization Studies Referencing Style

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

I would like to ask you if it is possible to add the referencing style of the Organization Studies Journal. I think the main difference is that the full name of the authors is shown.

Please let me know if this is possible and if it can be done.

Thank you

Kind regards,

Stojan
  • http://www.zotero.org/support/requesting_styles
  • Thank you. Will create a request/discussion based on the proposed structure.

Stojan
  • edited October 11, 2010
    No need to create a new thread. Just post in this one.
  • Dear Madam, Sir

Can you please if possible add the Organizational Studies referencing style

Here are the details. (more details can be found on this website http://www.sagepub.com/journalsProdDesc.nav?ct_p=manuscriptSubmission&prodId=Journal201657). A close relation can be the International Organization or American Political Science Association. Specifics can be found below.

-Alphabetize by author; multiple entries by one author in the same year should be postscripted a,b,c [1978a, 1978b, 1978c]; multiple entries by one author should be listed separately, repeating the author's name each time, from earliest to most recent publication [1958, 1965, 1978].

-In multiple author entries, the first author's name should be inverted; however, all following authors' names should be given in 'normal' order [Jones, Robert, and James Smith or Jones, Robert, James Smith, and Edward Brown]. Use no abbreviations. Give publisher's names in as brief a form as possible [Wiley not John A. Wiley and Sons].

-Titles of articles should be typed in single quotes with only the initial word and proper nouns capitalized.

-Titles of books should be given in italics with only the initial word and proper nouns capitalized.

-Titles of journals and other periodicals should be italicized with each major word capitalized.

* Examples:

Crozier, Michel

1964 The bureaucratic phenomenon, 2nd edn. London: Tavistock.

Crozier, Michel

1973 'The problem of power'. Social Research 40/2: 211-228.

Crozier, Michel

1976 'Comparing structures and comparing games' in European contributions to organization theory. G. Hofstede and M. S. Kassem (eds), 135-156. Amsterdam: Van Gorcum.

Erez, Miriam, and Christopher Earley

1993 Culture, self-identity, and work. New York: Oxford University Press.

Parsons, Talcott

1963a 'On the concept of influence'. Public Opinion Quarterly 27: 37-62.

Parsons, Talcott

1963b 'On the concept of political power'. Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society 107: 232-262.

Weinshall, Theodore D., editor

1977 Culture and management. Harmondsworth: Penguin.

Thank you for your support!

Kind regards,

Stojan
  • Note point 2. in my link above.
    Please provide a list of differences to either APSA or IO
  • Main differences between International Organization and Organizational Studies

1. After writing the name of the authors(described how above) the further reference starts from a new line.
    2. The title of the paper is in one (') adverted commas and it fallows sentence style (first letter of the first word capitalized only)
    3. The name of the journal is not italicized

These are the differences I was able to notice.

Thank you

Stojan
  • Does this request still need more information/clarification? If so, I am happy to provide as I also need this style.

One point of clarification: the journal is titled "Organization Studies", not "Organizational Studies".

Thanks!
    Tom
  • the webpage says Organization Studies uses APA 6th edition - is that not the case?
  • looks like APA 6th without DOIs, but otherwise the APA style should work.
  • Thanks very much. I was looking at an older webpage for the journal, with outdated referencing information.

Thanks!
    Tom
  • The style for Organization Study is now up. It will appear on the style repository within 30mins.. (See here if you need instructions for installing styles in standalone.)
    Any further problems please let us know.