RC5 and Word plugin

I was using RC3 in Word 2000. I upgraded the version to RC5 and also the Word plugins. Now my Word document created in RC5 is not working. I get a "communication error" with Zotero. It asks me to keep the Firefox open. But it is already open. New Word documents seem to have no problem. How can I use the old file?
  • I am having a similar problem with the word plugin (new version) but only if the document prefs are set to bookmarks. If these are set to fields then everything works well.

duff
  • I have this problem on my Mac. Old doc doesn't work; there is a communication problem with Zotero, make sure Zotero is open (it is). When making a new doc, it opens and communicates just fine. I'm using Chicago author-date with fields and Mac OS X Tiger and Word 2004 for Mac.
  • By the way, can someone help me out on this? I tried copying and pasting into a new document but that doesn't work either. I am trying to finalize my dissertation and I need to submit it this week. If Zotero can't do it I'll have to do it by hand and/or re-do all my references by hand in a new document. I really don't think I can do that because it would involve reformatting everything (I'd have to copy and paste plain text to get rid of any wayward field codes) and then re-inserting the references in their appropriate places. My dissertation is 146 pages and I have 125+ citations. The reason I discovered this was because some of my in-text citations didn't make it into the bibliography and I had a funny "0" in place of one of the citations. I tried to edit and it told me I needed to upgrade so I did, then I got the errors. Now I'm not sure if all my in-text citations have references that go with them. Argh! Help!
  • ransomca: Are you using the latest version of Zotero (1.0.1) and the Word plugin (1.0b1)? If you are and are still experiencing the same problem, please contact us at support@zot...org
  • Did anybody figure out how to solve the issue with the word plugin and office 2004 for mac? I'm using the 1.0.1 version of zotero and the "new" plugin from the plugin section. Thanks.
  • I ended up doing it by hand instead of trying to figure out what the problem was. I did not have time to troubleshoot, I had to submit.