Help!!!!! Can I get deleted items back?

I'm new to zotero and have just done a really stupid thing.... after collecting hundereds of references and summarising many of them.... When organising my folders today I've been deleting items from 'My Library' and not realising they are also deleted from the folders -hence loosing days of work.
Is there any way to retrieve items after they are deleted???
  • Have you closed Firefox yet? If yes, then there is nothing that can be done. If no, you can most likely reinstate your collection as it was when you last closed Firefox.

If you have not closed Firefox yet you can retreive the back-up of your collection saved at the end of your previous session.You will need to find the zotero.sqlite.bak file inside your Firefox profile. To find the file select preferences from the actions menu, it looks like a gear, then click on the advanced tab. Click on "Show Data Directory", then open the Zotero folder and copy the zotero.sqlite.bak file. Next you will need to close Firefox and remove the zotero.sqlite file from your Zotero folder. Now you want to rename the zotero.sqlite.bak you copied to zotero.sqlite and place it inside your Zotero folder. When you start Firefox you should now have your collection as it was at the time before you last closed Firefox.

For the future there are plans to move all deleted items to a trash can folder for a few days before they are completely deleted.
  • Thanks for that -I got it back... to much relief!
  • Yes, thank you for the excellent instructions. Any chance of adding a trash can to the group libraries as well?