OpenOffice plugin for Zotero 2.0 v. 3.0a8 not working

Hi,

I'm using Zotero at work for something like two years and I'm facing a new issue with OpenOffice plugin. For an unknown reason, it does not work anymore (Zotero icons do not show) whereas Word plugin still works allright.

My specs are :
- Firefox 3.5.7 (we cannot install the last version due to an incompability issue with the European Pharmacopeia online)
- Zotero v. 2.0.8
- OpenOffice : 3.1.1

I tried to reinstall Zotero / the OpenOffice plugin, to no avail. Eventually I tried the options in the "Integration preferences" ("Detect OpenOffice.org paths" & "Reinstall OpenOffic.org components") but it did not do the trick.

What I noticed though is I can't open Writer's "Extension manager" (Tool menu).
Is this an OpenOffice related issue ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards,

JH Morneau
  • What I noticed though is I can't open Writer's "Extension manager" (Tool menu).
    Is this an OpenOffice related issue ?
    Well, that would certainly be an OO issue. Look up how to clear your OO extension directory and fix that first, and then reinstall the Zotero OO plugin from Firefox.
  • Thanl you for your quick answer.
    Could you please tell me how to clear OO extension directory ?
    I searched the web but did not find how to do that.
  • It's something like C:\Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user\uno_packages, but I don't know for sure. Don't actually delete anything—just try moving things ('uno_packages', the whole Application Data\OpenOffice.org directory...) out of the way and restarting OO until it's fixed.