Importing records from Ebscohost

Is there a way to import a list of results from ebscohost? I only seem to have two options: 1 to copy the whole list as one snapshot (not what i want), and 2, to open each record (1 have 34 in this search) and then click the little page icon in the url box.
This works well, in terms of results, but too slow.
  • You should get a folder icon on search results pages on Ebscohost. Clicking the folder icon will bring up a list of items to save. I just checked, and it seems to be working fine.
  • I had the same problem when I first started composing a search folder in Ebscohost by adding items in Ebscohost to this search folder. When going to the folder with my added items there was no Zotero folder icon to click on. I resolved this by not adding items to a folder in Ebscohost but by making this selection after clicking on the Zotero folder icon directly after the search results show up in Ebscohost.

maybe this will be possible in the future? to add also a folder you composed in Ebscohost
  • Yes. I'd like adding Zotero references from EBSCOhost folders as well. It'd be much quicker than the method judith mentioned, especially for jumpstarting a new research project... when you may want to import a lot of items, but a relatively small percent of the items your search yields (looking at 20+ screenfulls and selecting 10-20% of the results.)
  • EBSCOhost saved folders are now supported. Your translators will update automatically within 24 hours, or you can click "Update Now" in Zotero preferences.
  • Very cool. Thanks.
  • I access EBSCOhost through my school, so the web address appears as follows.

http://ebsco.waldenu.edu

Is there any work around for this as i cannot get anything to work
  • I also have a problem with importing anything from EBSCOhost. Whenever I try to add citations I get a "Could not save item" message with a link to "Known Translator Issues".

I also use the database through my school. My URL looks like this:

http://web.ebscohost.com.ezp1.harvard.edu/ehost/folder?vid=stuff_here

Any ideas what this could be? (I use the most up to date version of zotero and firefox)

thanks for any help!
    Matthias
  • I'm having the same problem with EBSCOhost. I can't add any citation from it and the zotero icon shows the same message "Could not save item" with a link to "Known Translator Issues".

I also wanna know how to export my references from zotero to word. I don't know with which type of file i have to export my library. actually, i can't read any type of file with word program after exporting my library.

pls, help me out.
    thanks a million.