Does zitero work with Indesign?

A friend told me to avoid Word for long tetxt (everybody knows that it sux...),
I should even switch to Indesign. Footnotes are possible in Indesign - but I am cluesless if it might also be possible to connect it with my zotero library?
Thanks for helping,
nina
  • I'm afraid that Zotero will not interact directly with Indesign, although this thread. gives some options for working with it.

The only official Zotero plugins are for Word and OpenOffice. One alternative, which has a good reputation for long documents, is LyX, which interacts with Zotero via the third party Zotero plugin LyZ.
  • also, the "avoid Word for long documents" is only marginally true anymore. This was much more the case in the 90s and early 2000s.
    Plenty of people writing book-length manuscripts in word without problems these days.
  • edited August 24, 2010
    Word is fine, but DO NOT use the master document feature, which has always been, and will always be, buggy.

OOo is also fine.

Both of these work nicely with Zotero.

InDesign is not at all appropriate for writing long documents; it is really for production. Forget about it.
  • yes, it works ;)
    i wrote a script to import zotero citations to indesign, automatically parse all references in the text and create a reference list. get it from github (you may need some javascript knowledge to get it to work):
    https://github.com/ka1/zot2indd