Error not implemented ??

Hi,

I have been using Zotero absolutely with no problem. But I encountered a problem a few days ago.

When I push any button of Zotero in a Word document it gives the error above:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Component returned failure code: 0x80004001 (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED)
[zoteroIntegrationDocument.curserInField]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I use WinXP and Office20003. What's the problem ?

Thanks in advance.
  • Have you edited the document in OpenOffice.org? If not, would you mind sending your document to support@zot...org so that we can take a look?
  • No Simon. I have edited in Microsoft Office 2003.I sent the corrupted document by e-mail.

I have solved the problem by a practical way :)

I realized that this error was only for one document (the corrupted one). I did copy-paste for the writing in the document to a new word document and it gave no error in the new document.

Thanks.
  • Dear Simon (or other helpful support person)

Sorry to hijack this thread. Ersinyazici has posted that a document suddenly caused zotero to crash with an ERROR NOT IMPLEMENTED message in Word. You then
    immediately asked whether they had previously edited the document in Open office (they hadn't).

We, however, have exactly this problem over here - documents created
    in word 2007, saved as .doc, then EDITED in OpenOffice, upon
    re-opening in Word 2007 cause Zotero to crash with exactly the same
    error message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004001
    (NS_ERROR_NOT_IMPLEMENTED) [zoteroIntegrationDocument.curserInField].

Is there a way round this? We have Windows 7 at work and Ubuntu at
    home, so we need to be able to edit documents in both Word and
    OpenOffice. Is Zotero capable of working across platforms like this?
    Both are reading from the same Zotero library (on an external drive)
    which we shuttle back and forth.

Cheers,

James
  • Are you using bookmarks? We should probably provide a more useful error message, but items saved with Fields (Word) or ReferenceMarks (OpenOffice.org) aren't cross-compatible between Word and OOo. Bookmarks are supported in both.
  • Thanks for swift response - hadn't tried that, will let you know how it goes.
  • !! I have this problem too. The thing is, I didn't realize it was going to be a problem when I sent it to my friend with OpenOffice. How do you fix the document without re=inserting every single citation manually? :(
  • you can switch the document to bookmarks in Document Preferences in the Zotero toolbar - that should work.
  • Yeah, it doesn't let you make that change in Word on a document that's already messed up. I ended up creating a new document (with Bookmarks), and coping the old document in piece and reinserting all the references. Fortunately it's only an 8 page paper. I wish this cross-compatibility problem was better advertised.