Better Multiple Citations Management ( Collections or bulk tagging)

Am I missing something - or can you only drag-and-drop one citation at a time into a collection?

It would be great to be able to run a search, pick a group of citations, drag them into the collection, and then move on ... one-by-one is tedious.

At the same time - is it possible to select a grip-load of citations, and then add a tag to all of them at once?
  • Addendum - Just watched the screencast about creating groups. And, well, there was a drag-and-drop incident that seemed to move 20+ citations into the group folder! Here, no joy.

Might be worth pointing out my stats:

Firefox 3.6.8
    Zotero 2.0.3
    Ubuntu 10.04 - Lucid Lynx
  • OK...

Issues 1: Semi-solved. When you run a search, and it brings along all the attachments (say pdfs etc) those are often expanded below. For some reason when I select all, and try to drag with expanded sub-entries, the receiving folder won't allow it. If I collapse all the attachments, and then drag the same group with just the top-level entries... THEN it works.

Workable...

The group tagging would still be nice.
  • You can select multiple items from the middle column and drag them onto any tag in your tag selector. See http://www.zotero.org/support/tags