Zotero not syncing

For three days now I have tried to sync my Zotero data with the server (using the green arrow) but I get the red exclamation mark and an error every time (error report 1294084057 ). Can this be caused by the newest Firefox update (I remember that I installed that also about three days ago)?? And, more important, how to solve this??

Thank you for your support!

Karin
  • edited August 1, 2010
    Problem turns out to be solved by following the solution proposed to Jerine Pegg yesterday. Thanks for helping out!
  • edited August 4, 2010
    (quoting Dan Stillman)

"Provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that generates this error, and then try a Full Sync from the Sync->Reset pane of the Zotero prefs."

It worked for me!

p.s. for Debug ID instructions see http://www.zotero.org/support/debug_output#debug_output_logging
  • It's worth noting that the first part is as important as the second if we're to fix this for others.
  • edited August 4, 2010
    Might have found the problem as the syncing problem came up again today (report ID 697384332, fixed it with same recipe, Debug ID is D1229439791) when changing (by renaming) some of the tags. Guess this caused the syncing problems? And if it did, is there a remedy (f.e. preventing Zotero from syncing as long as I am renaming labels)?
  • I am also running into a similar problem. I am unable to sync and get the red exclamation point as well (Report ID 1506253206). The Debug ID is D1492278307.

Not sure if this is relevant, but Firefox gives a message about CVE-2009-3555, which according to their forums indicates a server issue:

The message about CVE-2009-3555 is meant for webmasters to make them aware that they need to fix their servers.
    Firefox 3.6 versions can detect such a misconfiguration and displays a warning in the "Tools > Error Console".

Thanks for your help
  • Any progress on resolving the root cause of this error? I still am running into the same problem, and am reluctant to try the prescribed remedy (i.e., reset/full sync), because I sync across multiple machines, all of which have now been modified independently for several days/weeks (due to my inability to sync). I worry that resetting at this point will make for a messy situation.

Thanks again
  • pkpark: The CVE error is irrelevant, and there are no other Zotero errors in your error report. Restart Firefox, try again, and send in another Report ID if you get the error again.
  • I restarted and am still getting the error. The Report ID is: 1917862950.
  • Did the report (ID: 1917862950) contain any Zotero errors? It would be nice to be able to sync again.
  • We've never seen this before, so we'll have to look into it. Make sure you've tried disabling all other Firefox extensions.
  • Ok thanks. Yea Zotero is the only Firefox extension I have installed, so no other possible culprits, I'm afraid.
  • Any further progress? It's now been 15 days since I have been able to sync my database. Since I am paying for the use of Zotero online storage, I feel that at a certain point, a refund ought to be warranted.
  • pkpark: Try now, and let us know if it worked.
  • No dice, I'm afraid. Report ID: 367692236.
  • Another Debug ID?
  • Sure. Debug ID: D820840667.
  • OK, how about now?
  • Great! Looks like it's working now. Thanks for your help.
  • Sure, and sorry for the delay. Note that a couple of your subcollections may now be at the top of your collections hierarchy. You should be able to reorganize them.
  • O yea, I was wondering if I'd done that or it was the sync. No biggie. Thanks again.