Bug with same last names - MLA

When I try to create a bibliography with multiple articles from the same author, Zotero gives an error. When I try to quote one of those articles in MS Word 2007, Zotero loses communication which can only be restored by using the debug output method.

I have played with the contest of the library and it is an issue of identical last names. This is slightly annoying, since a restart is often needed when researching topics where I have one prominent author.
  • I am using Zotero 1.0.1 and the Word add in is 1.0b1. Windows XP SP2, MS Office 2007.
  • Same here. Bug is reproducable. Simply use two works by the same author in MLA-style and it crashes. What it should do (the moment you insert the second work), is change all prior references to the author to include the title.
  • Another... quite reproducible. I am also using Zotero 1.0.1 and the Word add in is 1.0b1. Problem occurs on both Windows XP and Word 2003 and OSX and Word 2004.

Zotero is an outstanding program, have been very impressed. Am very willing to help fix this problem. Just let me know how I can help.
  • @ arossman:
    Thanks for the offer, but I have no idea how could I help you more. Very inexperienced with programming
  • I think this is fixed in the latest branch dev build.
  • Dan that's fantastic! Am also experiencing the "compile error in hidden module: zotero" error when trying to use the bookmark option in word.

I'm very willing to help fix the problem, if I can be of assistance to the developers.