Government Use of Zotero

Does anyone have any experience in using Zotero for federal government work? From experience on a government open source project, I know that all of their apps go through a government certification process for security purposes before it's released to the public. At least for DoD, software cannot be downloaded unless it's cleared. If Zotero can get cleared by the powers that be, one solution might be for government users to download Zotero and use it on a local server for local collaboration, but I've read on other forum topics that doing this is not currently possible. Anybody have this issue or have any possible solutions?
  • I know that an earlier version of Zotero was approved and installed on computers at the Library of Congress, but I am not sure if they have gone through the process of updating it. In their case, they simply approved the individual Zotero application. So people just run it locally without any server.
  • And there's the new separate effort to look into running the server apart from zotero.org.

http://www.zitation.org
  • edited August 2, 2012
    Anyone else have experience using Zotero Standalone with the USA government (an opinion more uptodate than 2010)?