booksections

Perhaps the question has been asked, but I could not find it. Is it possible to see in Zotero all the booksections which I have added to a book? When I add an article of a collected edition to zotero as "Book section" and select the book in the field "Book Title" I have also to add manually the date, editor and place and the book section is not shown, for example, under "Related".

Best regards

Juergen
  • Eventual "hierarchical types" may improve this. But you can perform an advanced search for references where the 'publication' is the name of the book.
  • You can also define relations between a book item and booksection items, but you have to do that manually, after you've defined both items. It's rather tedious and I've given up on doing that.

It would be great if you could grab all sections from a catalog (sometimes the data is there), but that requires some sort of hierarchical data model as noksagt says.

Often I only want to keep track of the information and don't need to actually cite the booksections, so I create only the book item and copy-paste the table of contents into a note. Then the authors/titles of each chapter/essay will show up in searches.
  • Thanks for the responses. I know that I can define relations between a book and his sections. But this manually work is, as alexuw writes, toilsome and tedious. I would be really great if there will be a modification in one of the next versions of Zotero.
  • as noksagt says - that's planned, but as far as I can judge still quite a bit away so it's probably worth using a workaround and not waiting for this feature.