Can create a new folder in a Group Library

Hi

I am using Zotero as part of a group of users. I have been made an 'admin', have sync'ed - but when I go to create a new folder I get the follow error message: "You cannot make changes to the currently selected library"

Can anyone help as I cant use Zotero until I crack this.

thanks, Eoin
  • edited October 22, 2009
    I also faced the same problem. I cannot make any changes to the group folder.
    The problem is I have to add a new sub-folder to the group library. But, I got the same message as Eoin. Can anyone help please?
  • Are you sure that syncs are going through successfully and you're not getting an error icon next to the sync button?
  • This problem is still happening for my students trying to add to a Z group I administer, over 6 months after this thread began. Could it be due to a memory maxout? (I never had it happen below.) PLEASE HELP -- THIS IS FOR CREDIT (at GMU, nonetheless)!!

Thanks,
    Dann S.
  • What are your library settings for the group? Do you have library editing set for admins or for members? You can find your library settings on the settings section of your group's webpage.
  • You called it precisely, thank you! This must be a new default, since it never happened to my students in 3 prior semesters of working with zotero groups. I hope the powers that be might consider notifying heavy users before adjusting defaults in the future...

THANKS AGAIN!!

Dann