style without brackets

is there a style for the references in footnotes WITHOUT brackets?

I want zotero to only put "smith 2008" and not always "(smith 2008)".

thank you
  • edited June 17, 2010
    no, not currently - not hard to do though.
    What is this for? Can you give examples?

PS - actually, the style for "International Organization" does that - but puts it in a footnote.
  • edited June 18, 2010
    yes - I want exactly that - to put it in the footnote!

but I did not find "international organization" to chose from in the options.

guess I have to download it seperately? but where?
  • edited June 18, 2010
    ok, great.

now the only annoying thing is that zotero always puts a dot behind the reference, like that:
    "smith 2008, 60."

but very often I have to cite several books or articles and it is just grammatically incorrect to put dots inbetween.

how can I solve that?
  • You should use the "multiple citations" button in the word/OO plugin to cite multiple works, rather than adding multiple citations manually.
  • good, but that does not solve the whole problem.

sometimes I use a reference in a footnote-phrase - like that "as smith 2008, 60 has shown, bla bla..."

isn't it just possible to have a style without a dot at the end?
  • Are you sure you don't want to be using something like "As Smith (2008, 60) has shown..."? If so, just use 'suppress author'. If you use a particular pattern most of the time & need to make small deviations only occasionally, you can use 'show editor' in the add/edit citation window to customize it.

If you really want a style with no markup, it is a relatively easy edit; refer to http://www.zotero.org/support/csl_simple_edits
  • also you can use prefix and suffix to create pretty much any footnote you want - they work for each individual item in a multi-citation.
  • edited June 19, 2010
    great- I think now any possible case will be ok -

I am quite impressed how fast you guys give answers in the forums!

thanks!