Merging Word documents and getting a consolidated bibliography

Is it possible to consolidate many documents containing Zotero references into one single document and get a consolidated bibliography? Although the fields are copied into the consolidated document, I get the following message when I try to get the consolidated bibliography: "You must insert a citation before performing this operation".

Thanks in advance,

Matias
  • which word processor are you using?
    In general you can copy Zotero citations from one document to the next - that includes merging entire documents using copy and paste, so if that's not working something is going wrong and we need to find out where.
  • Thanks. I'm using MS Word 2007.
  • I've had similar problems with OOo and maybe the same solution will help you, see:
    http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/12651/you-must-insert-a-citation-before-performing-this-operation/
  • Thanks Gitty K! Your trick also works in MS Word 2007.
  • I am having the same problem, but Gitty K's solution didn't work for me so far! Instead it keeps asking me to reselect for my citations, which I could do, but I have over 400 of them, so I'd rather find out if there is a better solution.

I am also using MS Word 2007.
  • Penny - please provide more details, including what exactly you're doing, what error messages/messages you're getting etc.