over quote error message when trying to sync

276350488 Error report number
Repeatedly receiving message that I am over quota but have only used 1.3% of purchased storage. Have removed large PDF files from storage area but now no pages will sync. Need help with that but please advise also on the size limit for PDFs.
  • edited June 2, 2010
    NOt sure what is going on as every page I try to upload results in an error. I've deleted many stored files I added today. THis is the latest error message:

[unrelated error removed — D.S.]

Any help appreciated as this has been a frustrating research day.
    Susan
  • edited June 2, 2010
    If you look at the contents of the error report, you can see the files that would put you over. The latest one from your report above is HKVF5WHR, which means you can look in that directory in 'storage' in your Zotero data directory. If you're hitting the quota, though, you may just need more space.

But read the error report—it may be warning you about a group library, which, if you're not the owner, would come out of someone else's quota. Or you may need to empty your trash. No real mystery, here, either way—the message means what it says.
  • Thanks for your response. I have plenty of storage; even smaller files are not being synched to the group library, which I own. A few months back, when I purchased storage, the ownership of the Group WV... was transferred to me with Zotero tech assistance. However, I cannot see myself listed as Owner under Manage Groups. By contrast, in the group I started yesterday, I am listed clearly as Owner. Any possibility that this is the problem?
  • Transferring ownership of a group is a two-step process:

1) The current owner of the group transfers ownership to a different group member.
    2) The new group owner accepts the ownership transfer.

Perhaps you never accepted ownership? You might contact the original group owner and request that the transfer be reinitiated.