Managing Group & Individual accounts on same computer

I am trying to create a group account for a research project I am involved with. I have 2 questions:
1. Is it possible to invite specific people to my group account? I looked, but maybe I just missed those steps.
2. I already have Zotero on my computer to manage my personal research data & I have tried to log out of my personal account & into the group account - but when I go to my group account & try to access the library (which has nothing in it so maybe that is my problem) - I just get an error message. In addition, although I have logged out of my personal account on the Zotero website, when I click on the icon in my toolbar, my personal research data comes up. How do I switch between accounts?
  • What do you mean by "group account?" You can create a Zotero group that you can invite particular people to, but you'd have no reason to log out of your personal account (as you should be a member of that group).
  • Thank you for your comment. After posting the comment I poked around some more & figured it out.
  • dear slidberg,

HOW did you do it? i have the same problem: how can i invite people to my group?
    best jo
  • After you create your group, make sure you are logged in. Go to the groups page at http://www.zotero.org/groups. At this point your group should show up on the page. Click on the tab "Manage Group". Three tabs should then show up: "Group" "Members" & "Library". Follow the "Members" tab & at the bottom of the page in red you should find the links to invite new members.

While I typically find Zotero to be a fairly intuitive interface to work with, sometimes I find the sub-links to be a bit confusing. Hope this helps!