Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.directoryEntries]

My problem ist the following: Zotero says it syncs sucessfully, but nevertheless there's the red error button popping up. Something never happening before. Message: Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIFile.directoryEntries]

The Debug ID is D2025374401.

I got aware of that problem when I realized that I can't access my attached files (all pdf) via the Zotero File Syncing. I guess the problem has to be sought somewhere here.

Thanks for suggestions!
  • 1) Is this a network/external drive? You might try moving your data directory to a local drive.

2) If you're running any anti-virus/security software (in Firefox itself or on your system), try disabling it.
  • 1) No. On a laptop it is working nicely. On the iMac not. Both have Windows OS (Vista and XP Pro respectively).

2) The AV/security software is not the problem on the affected iMac, but it is located within our institute's intranet. Could that be a problem?
  • So you're saying F: is a local drive?

We've never seen this before, so it's almost certainly something unique to your system/network setup. And it's a generic error, so there's not really much we can tell you about it other than to try various changes to the environment.

It's possible this is something with the Boot Camp hardware support.
  • Yes. F: is a normal partition. Frustrating. But I will fiddle around a bit. Let's see.
  • That's odd. Moving the Zotero-directory to C: helped! Bottom line for the error (I hope Dan, you agree): On a Mac running both Windows and OS X and you working with Windows: Do not save the Zotero folder on the local Mac drive, but only on a Windows drive.

Thanks!
  • Hello all.
    I have the same failure code...

0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)
    [zoteroIntegrationField.getCode]
    And there is only {Citation} on the document after i closed the errors window

I work with Word (evaluation), on windows 7 pro (only, one partition with windows)

There is a problem with the MaJ of the document, so, i don't know what to do.

(Sorry for my English, i'm a frensh studient)
  • gilou: Not remotely the same issue. Start a new thread.