new openoffice extension macro error

A separate problem from my other post.
I opened up a document I'd already inserted citations in and tried to refresh the citations (I get the same error no matter what I do, though) and I get an error. I've stared the line where the macro stops. If I can provide any more help, let me know.

Read-Error
This property is read only

Function fnRemoveString(sSearchString As String, sTagName, sEnd) As String
Dim nTagStart As Long, nEnd As Long

fnRemoveString = sSearchString

nTagStart = InStr(fnRemoveString, sTagName)
If nTagStart = 0 Then Exit Function
nEnd = InStr(nTagStart, fnRemoveString, sEnd)
#If MSWD Then
'Mid(sSearchString, nTagStart, nEnd - nTagStart + 1) = ""
fnRemoveString = Left(fnRemoveString, nTagStart - 1) & Right(fnRemoveString, Len(fnRemoveString) - nEnd - Len(sEnd) + 1)
#Else
********* Mid(fnRemoveString, nTagStart, nEnd - nTagStart + 1, "")
#End If
End Function
  • What versions of the plugin and Zotero are you using. Are you using Zotero 1.0.0rc4 and the 1.0b1 version of the plugin?
  • edited October 19, 2007
    Sorry, thought I'd made that clear. Yes its Zotero 1.0rc4 and the 1.0b1 plugin. Firefox 2.0.0.8 OpenOffice 2.3 on Windows XP
  • Same error (but in german ;-)):

Mid(fnRemoveString, nTagStart, nEnd - nTagStart + 1, "")

I'm using zotero 1.0.0rc5 and the plugin version is the newest for neooffice on mac os x.
    errors occurs only when I try to work with a document with existing citations from old zotero versions...

by the way: thanks for the great work! zotero fits my needs perfectly.
  • I posted this fix in another thread. Here's what you do. When you get the "read only" error, a window will pop up with the following line of bad code highlighted:

Mid(fnRemoveString, nTagStart, nEnd - nTagStart + 1, "")

There are two things wrong with this statement. First, a function name is being passed as an argument to a string function. Second, the assignment operator is missing and there is an extra argument to the Mid function. If you look a few lines up in the code, you will see the intended statement (commented out):

Mid(sSearchString, nTagStart, nEnd - nTagStart + 1) = ""

Just move this statement down and replace the erroneous one with it. Be sure to remove the leading apostrophe (comment prefix). Lastly, save the file!
  • thank you very much!
    this works perfectly for me!

luci
  • That's great, thank you