Word 2010

Ok..so I know there are quite a few posts on this already but unfortuently none of the fixes are working.

Here is what I have.

Zotero 2.0.3 for firefox version 3.5.9
Zotero 3.0.a3 plugin for word

When I open up a new word document I see the toolbar, but when I click a citation button it says macro settings have prevented it from opening it. So I allowed all macro's to run, made sure the startup path was correct in the global templates (which it was). I finally downloaded the plugin directly from the site here and replaced the other one. This time when I click the citation icon it says something along the lines of "Make sure zotero is open in firefox"..which it is.. Any help on how to remedy this issue would be greatly appreciated.

DJ
  • Have you had Zotero working in another version of Word/OpenOffice, i.e. is the problem specific to Word 2010?

If it occurs in other word processor versions one thing to check (there are probably others but I am no expert on this) is whether you are running firefox with the "-no-remote" command line flag (e.g. to allow you to run multiple profiles simultaneously). The word plugin won't be able to detect Zotero if you are using this.
  • Well I was just reading something about 64bit word 2010, which is what i have. Someone found a fix for it, but I have no idea how to apply it. The directions are very vague.

Link: http://forums.zotero.org/discussion/9020/word-2010-broken-with-latest-version-of-the-word-plugin/

I haven't tested any other word processor's as Word 2010 is the best out of all of them atm. I'm pretty sure it may have something to do with 64bit word 2010.