Browser locks up when I attach a pdf

Hello all

I have an odd problem that every time I attempt to attach a a stored copy of pdf file to a reference, the browser hangs and I have to force quit.

What information can I provide that would help to find the source of this problem?

I'm using Ubnubtu Linux 10.4
Fire fox 3.6.3
Zotero 2.0.2
  • Hi there,

I have seen the same thing, although it only occurs intermittently for me.

I'm on Ubuntu Linux 9.10
    Firefox 3.5.9
    Zotero 2.0.2 (now 2.0.3)
  • +1,
    although it seems to work occasionally
    (same settings as previous post)
  • Odd. I have never seen this. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04, but I was using 9.10 until several weeks ago. Firefox 3.6.x and Zotero 2.0.x.

Are you certain that Firefox is really hung (i.e., if you wait 2 hours, does it finish?)? Can you replicate this every time? Are there particular PDFs that cause this?
  • I haven't waited for two hours, only about 15 minutes.

I haven't noticed any pattern, like I said, it works occasionally (although slowly) but this seems random. The pdf does get attached despite the hang up, that is, after restarting Firefox it is in Zotero.
  • I can confirm the browser is hung. I waited it out for about an hour and it never came back. When I was running Ubuntu 9.1 the problem was intermittent, now it is consistent. One item has changed for me. I am now using a WebDav folder as opposed to the Zotero Server.

Steps to recreate:
    1. create an item - allow it to sync
    2. select the item, click on the paperclip select "Attach stored copy of File"
    3. select a pdf from the local drive
    4. click OK and the browser hangs.

I have to force quit. When I reopen the browser, the sync continues and the file is attached.

Is there a debug mode I can start so that I can capture the events?

Regards
    Russ