Data not syncing between one computer and another

The data on my work computer is not syncing with my home computer. Is this because I first downloaded data on the work computer using Zotero 1.0, even though I have now updated both computers with the latest Zotero versions? I need both sets of data to sync up, otherwise Zotero is useless to me.
  • Yes, I read all of that before I posted. I am not getting an error message, but my work and home computers are not syncing. My work computer originally had 1.0, then I upgraded it to the latest version. My home computer is new and has only had the latest version. Is my best bet to uninstall Zotero from the work computer and reinstall with the latest version, even if I lose the data? (I have more data on my home computer). Thanks.
  • 1) Are you sure you're using the same account?

2) Do you see data for one or both on the website? There's no such thing as one computer not syncing with another—they sync through zotero.org.
  • 1. I believe I am logging in under the same account: "blockeliz". How can I find out if I have a second account that I somehow lost track of? This seems like the most likely situation, right?

2. I see only the data from my home computer on the website.

3. Also, I see different folders on my home computer than on my work computer. The folders on my home computer match the ones on the website.
  • How can I find out if I have a second account that I somehow lost track of?
    Look in the Sync pane in the Zotero preferences. (It says this on the page I linked to.)
    I see only the data from my home computer on the website.
    OK, so the problem is on your work computer. Are you positive you're not getting an error there and that syncing is going through?
  • 1. The Sync pane on the home computer says my login is "blockeliz," as expected. As soon as I get to work I will check the Sync pane there and report back.

2. I will check the work computer and see if I am getting an error there. I think you are right that the sync is not going through from the work computer. I'll check and report back.
  • The Sync pane on the work computer also says my login is "blockeliz." I hit the sync icon and it just keeps spinning. There is no red error icon to the left of the sync icon. Ideas?
  • Still? You have nothing queued on the server.
  • Everything looks okay now. It just took forever to sync. Thanks for your help.