Word 2007 issue with zotero rc4 and word plug in 1.0b1

Hello all,

First, let me thank you for this great extension which is simplifying my life.

Well, I am experiencing an issue under word 2007. I cannot insert citation. Indeed, when I click the Zotero insert citation button, the window appears but does'nt show my bibliography database. Everything worked well before I update zotero and word plugin with lastest versions.

Please could you help me to solve this problem ?

Tank you
  • I have the same problem with word 2003 sp2
  • Hi folks.

I join bengee's side an thank you for this great FF Add-On!

I'm currently experiencing the same problem as bengee. It's the same with word 2007 and 2003.
    Inserting a Bibliography an then editing it, I can see and manage the whole Zotero Bibliography. But while inserting a new citation the Bibliography window doesn't show anything than the buttons and empty fields.

Somebody any idea?

Thanks
  • edited October 19, 2007
    Does Report Errors in the Actions (gear icon) menu become active (non-gray) after loading the new citation window? If so, can you send in an error report and post the Report ID here? Thanks.
  • I have the same problem: both, Office 2004 and NeoOffice 2.2.2. Bug Report says: locator has no properties, thisdocshell has no properties and so on.

Thanks
  • Hmm... Is everyone experiencing this using a non-English locale?
  • Yes, German.
  • OK, looks like recent changes to the CSL localization file weren't made for all locales. We'll get out a fix ASAP.

Interim workaround: Go to about:config in the address bar, find and double-click general.useragent.locale in the list, and change the value to en-US. This will change Zotero (and other extensions) to use English, and it should let you insert citations in the meantime.
  • Thank you for your interest, Dan !
  • Thank you too, Dan. And: I love Zotero ;-)
  • edited October 19, 2007
    OK, a new build, 1.0.0rc5, is up that should fix this problem.

Let us know if you run into any further trouble, and sorry for the inconvenience. Be sure to reset your general.useragent.locale setting in about:config if you changed it.
  • Great! Now it works for me (rc5 on Win XP, MS Word 2003&2007 and FF 2.0.0.8 all in German).

I just found the word plugin today, installed it and was quite frustrated that it was broken. Even imagined typing my bibliography into the new word 2007 bibliography manager. What a pity. Back home I found your fix. Great.
    BTW: Is there a way to get zotero cooperate with the new word 2007 bibliography manager?

Thanks a lot for the immediate help! You made my day. :-)
  • Does work in french too... Great job thanks again !!
This discussion has been closed.