How to import any ZDF file or "my library" collections to a group?

I'm unable to upload collections to the Group that I just created. I tried uploading from my library and then from a ZDF file in my computer. Both trials failed.

Whenever I import a file from the computer, it directly gets imported into My library, even if I import after I select the group library to which it needs to be imported. Any insights?
  • I am having a bit of difficulty following you. Do you see the group's library in the Zotero Firefox extension? How did you try to upload from your library?

If you want to move items from a personal collection to a group collection you need to drag and drop them.
  • Sorry for the confusion - Yes I did drag and drop them. Thats what I meant by "uploading". Should we move them item by item? I tried doing them collectively..
  • You should be able to drag and drop entire lists of items. You can select all in a given collection with Command or Control + shift + A and drop them in the group.
  • Yes I figured out after your comment before. Thanks a lot. But as I have more than 15 sub-collections within 6 collections, I was wondering if I could drag and drop a collection without having to select the items individually.
  • I also have a group library question. I've created a group library in the area where they can be created, and I have synced with the Zotero server since then. However, when I look under my group on zotero.org, it states that there are no items in the group library. I have set my preferences for full syncing capabilities. How do I get my group library where my entire group can pull up the library? I appreciate any assists!
  • Hi. I just checked your group library (if it is the public one that you are asking about). It is populated with items. If you don't see them on the website, I would try clearing your browser cache.
  • Royce, I hate to admit this, but I have absolutely no idea what you mean by clearing my browser cache. I'm hopelessly computer illiterate and have had a difficult time getting up to speed on Zotero for the professor I'm a research assistant for. I'm on Firefox. How do I clear the browser cache? Thanks!
  • It's actually much more difficult than it should be. Go to Tools->Options->Advanced->Network->Offline Storage->Clear Now.

There are addons you could look into that will put a button on your toolbar or otherwise make this (and clearing cookies) simpler.
  • Royce, I followed the steps you indicated so suppose by now my browser cache should be empty. However, when I looked to see if my library or group library shows on Zotero now, it still says the libraries are empty. Any other ideas? Thanks!
  • I understand from Royce that my group library is populated, yet still cannot see it when I bring up my group. I have emptied my browser cache and checked to ensure that the account I am using is the same as that listed in my preferences for syncing. Still no results. Any other suggestions? Thanks!
  • edited April 13, 2010
    I believe I was looking at the wrong group. Sorry for the confusion. You should read the link posted above by Dan Stillman since it seems like it is a sync issue.
    And if you can't figure out what's wrong, start a new discussion since your problem is unrelated to the original topic of this thread.
  • My problem is that sometimes the group folder in the zotero client doesn't get highlighted so that I can drag and drop files into it. I'm using a mac. The collections folders all get highlighted when I pass the files over them, but the group folders do not. So I can't drag/drop. How can I get the files into the group?? Is there another way?