Report ID:1520165871

My Zotero will not sync with WebDAV. Nothing to do to replicate the issue except open the Zotero pane, and see the red exclamation point next to the green sync arrow.

Please help.

Paul
  • Provide a Debug ID for a sync attempt that generates the error.
  • Hi Dan,

Thanks for your help.

The Debug ID is D1159405083

Best,

Paul
  • That pretty much looks like an issue with the WebDAV server. It doesn't appear to be returning an error, but the file isn't being properly downloaded.

If you view the debug output yourself from the Advanced pane and look a few lines up from the bottom at the line beginning "Finished download of ...", and then you look for that file on your hard drive (within the 'tmp' directory in the Zotero data directory, do you see the .zip.tmp file that it says it downloaded? (It'll disappear once you restart Firefox.)

Also, is your home directory on a local hard drive? (It appears to be, but if it weren't that could also be a problem.)
  • edited March 23, 2010
    Thanks for checking this out. I will go back to the original computer where I saved the document and give it another try with the server. It appears that everything else I did that day saved no problem.

Hey---thanks for a great program. I used it everyday and I really like it.

Best,

Paul
  • edited March 23, 2010
    Just to be clear, the steps above are for the computer on which you generated the Debug ID—the one where you're getting the file sync error. By downloaded I mean downloaded from the WebDAV server.